Friday, January 6th, 2012

Ring in the New Year

I kicked off the new year by taking the boys to the emergency vet. The reason: I found Cupid with an empty snack-sized box of raisins. Which are toxic to dogs. (You can find a more complete list of problem foods for dogs here.) After consulting with my sister, I learned that the box had been dropped from her bag on her way out and was probably half empty. Faced with the possibility of kidney failure, I took the boys to the vet.

I was pretty sure that Cupid had hogged all of the raisins for himself, but I couldn’t be completely sure. So both boys had vomiting induced. Turned out only Cupid had gotten the raisins, and I had brought them in quickly. He got a dose of charcoal and both boys came home with me.

I am pleased to report that Cupid appears to be back to himself.

Have your dog ever had to make a trip to the emergency vet because he ate something he shouldn’t have? If so, what happened?

One comment »

Comments on this post

  1. Heather says:

    I’m so sorry for your horrible day! Glad Cupid is better. Love that guy.

Eat, Sleep & Be Doggy All rights reserved © 2011-2013

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley